Monday, January 3, 2011

Umpteenth Round of New Year's Resolutions 2011

So every year, I decide I'm going to be awesome and make resolutions again.  I guess it means we're getting old when a year seems to have passed by quickly with as much confusion as there ever was.  It was a year full of work and fun.  Things are generally good all in all so here are some new resolutions.


  • Do things.  Too much of my time was spent thinking or debating about doing things in 2010 and probably also in prior years.  So this year I will try to debate less and just go for things.  Included in this is helping my sister study for GREs.  Though I suppose the crazy auto-rickshaw ride shall be included in this.  I really would like to surprise myself with something I did.  
  • Exercise.  The most cliched of all new year's resolutions, but I would like to get into better shape than I've been in before.  In general it makes me happier and also prepares me for whenever zombies invade.  Along those lines, I would like to actually run a marathon this year if I don't get sidelined by injuries again like last year.
  • Be kinder.  Namely to myself.  Through the years, I've had moments of great antagonism to myself so I think a good goal for this year is to just try to let that go.  I can mess up and it is not always the end of the world so I should stop beating myself up pointlessly. 
  • Cook more.  Try more new dishes and throw more dinners.  Allows me to keep in touch with people better.
All in all, I think I just want a year where I believe I can do anything and great things happen with serendipitous encounters with friends, delicious food, good times, and the madness of enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment